- This event has passed.
NIHB Webinar: Viruses, Bacteria, and Fungi and How They Can Cause Illnesses
July 15, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm CDT
Please join the National Indian Health Board (NIHB), for an Infectious Disease Preparedness Learning Community (IDLC) webinar on how viruses, bacteria, and fungi can cause illnesses and spread diseases. Webinar attendees will gain knowledge on the following:
- Basic differences between bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites
- At least three host or microbial factors that can make it easier for a microorganism to cause disease in a person
- At least two ways that microorganisms can be spread, particularly in a clinical setting
- Difference between sporadic, outbreak, epidemic, and pandemic spread of disease
- At least three ways that the spread of microbial disease can be reduced or eliminated
Information provided can assist Tribes in educating their citizens on the basics of viruses, bacteria, fungi, and parasites and how it can spread and cause illnesses. Read more here.