On May 18, 2017, House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Greg Walden (R-OR) and Ranking Member Frank Pallone, Jr. (D-NJ) announced the creation of the Indian Health Service (IHS) Task Force. Reps. Markwayne Mullin (R-OK) and Raul Ruiz (D-CA) will co-chair the bipartisan task force, which is composed of 14 members both on and off the committee.
The working group will review the health care delivery system for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN), inform policy makers on the current state of IHS and public health programs that serve the AI/AN population, and identify ways to ensure IHS is best serving the needs of those who rely on it.
The following members will serve on the task force:
- Rep. Markwayne Mullin (R-OK), co-chairman
- Rep. Raul Ruiz (D-CA), co-chairman
- Rep. Greg Walden (R-OR)
- Rep. Frank Pallone, Jr. (D-NJ)
- Rep. Chris Collins (R-NY)
- Rep. Kevin Cramer (R-ND)
- Rep. Gregg Harper (R-MS)
- Rep. Tom Cole (R-OK)
- Rep. Kristi Noem (R-SD)
- Rep. Debbie Dingell (D-MI)
- Rep. Ben Ray Lujan (D-NM)
- Rep. Kurt Schrader (D-OR)
- Rep. Dan Kildee (D-MI)
- Rep. Betty McCollum (D-MN)
Click here to read the full press release.