IHS Principal Deputy Director, Mary Smith, sent a Dear Tribal Leader Letter on October 5, 2016 to announce a proposed realignment for IHS Headquarters and share changes to improve Headquarters oversight.
Comments on the proposed realignment must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org due on Wednesday, November 5, 2016.
TSGAC, the National Indian Health Board, the Direct Service Tribes Advisory Committee, the National Council of Urban Indian Health and the United South and Eastern Tribes Sovereignty Protection Fund sent a letter to request an extension of the comment period. Tribes should consider submitting a similar request prior to the November 5th deadline.
Click here to read the letter and use the links below for additional resources.
- Enclosure 1: Current IHS Headquarters Organization Chart
- Enclosure 1a: Federal Register Notice on Proposed Functional Statement from October 17, 2005
- Enclosure 1b: Federal Register Notice on Proposed Functional Statement from July 17, 2008
- Enclosure 1c: Federal Register Notice on Proposed Functional Statement from July 1, 2010
- Enclosure 1d: Federal Register Notice Organization, Functions, and Delegation of Authority November 5, 2014
- Enclosure 2: Realignment Organization Chart – October 2016
- Enclosure 2a: Draft Functional Statement Headquarters Realignment 2016
- Enclosure 3: Interim IHS HQ Realignment Organization Chart – October 2016