Webinar Presented by
January 20, 2016 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm EST
Presenters: Doneg McDonough, Laura Bird, Cindy Ferguson
This Webinar Covered:
On Wednesday, January 20th from 1-2:30 pm EST, the TSGAC hosted a Webinar to review findings from an analysis of Employer Options under the Affordable Care Act for a mid-sized, Self-governance Tribe (case study #8). Issues addressed included:
- What are the “pay” or “play” options;
- What options are not practical for many Tribes;
- How does the Federal Employer Health Benefits (FEHB) program option fit in; and,
- What is the net cost to a Tribe from the employer mandate?
The presentation incorporated an analysis of Sponsorship options for the Tribe. This analysis is one in a series of analyses being conducted with a select number of Tribes to assist in determining preferred options for meeting the ACA’s employer requirements, as well as consider whether Sponsorship of Tribal members through a Health Insurance Marketplace is beneficial for the Tribe. These analyses are being shared to help inform the decision-making process of other Tribes.
- PowerPoint: Case Study #8 – Summary – Employ Options 2016-01-20f DIST
- Supporting Document: TSGAC Memo – Indexing Adjustments for ACA Provisions – 2015-11-30a
- Supporting Document: TSGAC – 2016 and 2017 FPL Handout – Medicaid and Marketplace 2016-01-26b
- Speaker Bios: Webinar-Jan-20-2016-Bios