- This event has passed.
OMB Tribal Consultation on the President’s FY 22 Budget
July 15, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm CDT
The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) has announced that it will host a Tribal consultation on the President’s Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 Budget.
OMB is seeking Tribal Leader comments and recommendations on the following FY 2022 Budget items—
- Proposals to reclassify Contract Supports Costs, Indian Self Determination and Education Assistance Act Section 105(l) Lease costs, and enacted Indian Water Rights Settlements payments as mandatory beginning in FY 2023.
- Other feedback on the FY 2022 President’s Budget for programs and activities serving Tribal governments, organizations, and communities.
- Ensuring adequate and stable funding by considering options for a potential mandatory funding proposal for the Department of Health and Human Services’ Indian Health Service in future President’s Budgets.
- OMB will conduct another consultation on the President’s FY 2023 Budget, which will include this topic, in 2021, but this July session can start the process of seeking Tribal Leaders’ views on some of the major questions around developing such a proposal.
- How OMB can improve Tribal funding transparency, such as through changes to OMB’s annual Native American Funding Crosscut.
Since this consultation will be hosted via teleconference, there are a limited number of available teleconference lines for registration. If you are unable to register, or if you are having difficulty registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive alternate participation information. OMB will also be accepting written comments until July 23, 2021, which can be sent via email to email@example.com.